How to make Chocolate Spoons
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 458
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 54g
Saturated Fat 33g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 17g
Total Carbohydrates 140g
Dietary Fiber 10g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- cup semisweet chocolate chips, white vanilla baking chips or mint-flavored chocolate chips (6 oz)
- to 24 gold- or silver-colored plastic spoons
- Candy decorations, crushed hard peppermint candies, miniature candy-coated chocolate chips or decorator sugar crystals, if desired
- 1 Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. In heavy 1-quart saucepan, melt chocolate chips over lowest possible heat, stirring constantly.
- 2 Tip saucepan so chocolate runs to one side. Dip bowl portion of each spoon into chocolate. Sprinkle with candy decorations. Place on waxed paper. Let stand about 10 minutes or until chocolate is dry.
- 3 Wrap spoons in plastic wrap or cellophane
- Get the whole family involved with this fun recipe. • Delegate dipping, sprinkling and wrapping to different people or teams. • Double-dipping is encouraged for spoons. Dip first into dark chocolate, then after dark chocolate has set, dip into white chocolate, leaving a hint of the dark chocolate showing. Or, drizzle melted chocolate in a zigzag design over spoons. • For a larger gift, put several wrapped chocolate spoons in holiday mugs. Include pouches of cocoa mix or special coffees. • Keep a basket of chocolate spoons, wrapped and tied with ribbon, by your entryway. As guests leave, surprise them with a sweet treat.
Crafter's Holiday Cottage http://craftersholidaycottage.com/