Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 0g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- What You Need
- Enlarge Image
- A globe with rubber base and plastic stand
- Ceramic or plastic ornaments
- Distilled water
- Liquid glycerin
- How to Make It
- Look for 7- and 8-inch flower aquariums, which include a globe, rubber base, and plastic stand, at floral shops or online.
- Use epoxy to attach ceramic or plastic ornaments and figurines to the rubber base, which also serves as the lid.
- Fill the globe with distilled water to just below the opening; add about 1 tablespoon of liquid glycerin (found in soap-making sections of hobby stores) to thicken the water.
- Sprinkle with glitter.
- Working over a sink, slowly invert the decorated portion of the rubber base into the water; stretch the seal of the rubber base over the lip of the globe.
- Attach the plastic stand, turn the globe upright, and watch the snow fall!
- For extra sparkle, stand the snow globe in a silver wine bottle coaster.
Crafter's Holiday Cottage http://craftersholidaycottage.com/