4th of July Salt Dough Pins
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 1g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 95g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- What you'll need
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Acrylic paint: red, white and blue
- Pin backs
- White craft glue
- Small cookie cutters: heart, star, number 4
- Acrylic sealer spray
- How to make it
- Mix together the salt, flour, and water. If dough is sticky, add additional tablespoons of flour one at a time until the mixture is smooth a pliable. Be careful not to add too much or your projects will crack.
- Step 2
- Roll out or press dough with your hand and use cookie cutters to cut out shapes. (See photo.)
- Place shapes on cookie sheet and heat oven to 250° F.
- Place cookie sheet in oven and bake for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until items are dry. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Step 5
- Paint all the shapes white and let dry.
- Step 6
- Use a small paintbrush to add red stripes and a medium paintbrush to add solid blue to the heart and the star. You may need a second coat of blue. Let dry.
- Step 7
- Use a toothpick dipped in paint to write "JULY" down the side of the number 4 pin. Use the handle end of a paintbrush dipped in paint to add polka dots.
- Step 8
- Write "I love (draw a heart) USA on the heart pin. Use the handle end of a paintbrush dipped in paint to add polka dots onto the top of the star.
- Let them all dry and have an adult spray them with acrylic sealer.
- Turn pins over and glue on pin backs. Use a generous amount of glue and let them dry completely before wearing.
Crafter's Holiday Cottage http://craftersholidaycottage.com/