Santa's Coming Cookie Puzzle Recipe
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 955
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 108g
Saturated Fat 28g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 14g
Monounsaturated Fat 61g
Total Carbohydrates 654g
Dietary Fiber 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Blanched almonds
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 5 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Assorted food coloring, decorating gels and sprinkles
- In a large bowl, combine cookie dough and flour. On a parchment paper-lined surface, roll dough into a 14-in. x 11-in. rectangle. With cookie cutters, cut out puzzle shapes. Slide a baking sheet under the parchment paper and dough. Chill for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove shapes; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Place an almond on its side into the center of each shape for a handle. Bake shapes at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are golden brown. While still warm, recut shapes with the same cookie cutters to form neat edges. (If cookies cool too quickly, return to oven until softened.) Remove to wire racks; cool.
- Bake large rectangular puzzle on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet for 12-13 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Immediately recut the shapes inside the puzzle to form neat edges. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Tint frosting with food coloring as desired. Frost puzzle and shapes; decorate with decorating gel and sprinkles as desired. Place puzzle shapes inside puzzle. Yield: 1 cookie puzzle.
Crafter's Holiday Cottage http://craftersholidaycottage.com/