Make a Felt Snowman Ornament
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 0g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- Draw a basic snowman pattern, arms, and nose onto white paper and cut out. Using a water-soluble marking pen, trace the pieces onto felt. Cut out pieces.
- For each snowman, hand-stitch eyes, nose, and buttons to one body piece, using matching thread and running stitches and referring to the photo, above, for placement.
- Layer the body pieces for each snowman with wrong sides together. Insert snowman arms between body pieces. Fold the ribbon length in half and insert the ends between the body pieces on the top of the head for a hanging loop.
- Using a scant 1⁄8-inch seam allowance, hand-stitch the body pieces together with running stitches and matching thread. Catch the arms and the hanging loop in seams as you stitch. Leave a 1-1⁄2-inch opening in the bottom of each ornament. Firmly stuff each body with polyester fiberfill; stitch opening closed.
- Enlarge Image
- 9×12-inch piece of felt: one each of black, white, orange, and brown
- Water-soluble marking pen
- Sewing needle and matching colors of thread
- Ribbon: 5-inch white length
- Polyester fiberfill
Crafter's Holiday Cottage http://craftersholidaycottage.com/