Gluten Free Reindeer Feed
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1173
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 133g
Saturated Fat 22g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 55g
Monounsaturated Fat 55g
Total Carbohydrates 382g
Dietary Fiber 16g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- cups Rice Chex® or Corn Chex® cereal
- bag (12 oz) white vanilla baking chips (2 cups)
- cup coarsely crushed peppermint candy canes (14 miniature, unwrapped)
- 1 Line cookie sheet with foil or waxed paper. Place cereal in large bowl.
- 2 In microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips uncovered on High about 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until chips can be stirred smooth. Stir in half the crushed peppermint candy.
- 3 Pour over cereal; toss to evenly coat. Spread mixture in single layer on cookie sheet. Immediately sprinkle with remaining candy. Let stand until set, about 20 minutes. Gently break up coated cereal. Store in airtight container.
- To make feed bag, cut two 6 1/2 x 5-inch rectangles from a piece of muslin-type fabric. Using a hot glue gun, run a bead of glue on edge of three sides of one rectangle. Top with other rectangle to form pocket. Turn pocket inside-out. Roll down top opened edge to create a cuff.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
Crafter's Holiday Cottage http://craftersholidaycottage.com/