O Tannenbaum Cupcakes
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 900
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 101g
Saturated Fat 23g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 41g
Monounsaturated Fat 33g
Total Carbohydrates 913g
Dietary Fiber 24g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- recipe Creamy White Frosting or two 16-ounce cans creamy white frosting or vanilla frosting
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 12 Pine Cupcakes or other 2-1/2-inch cupcakes
- 12 rolled sugar ice cream cones
- Green and brown paste food colorings
- White and/or green edible glitter or sprinkles
- Small pearl candies or other small candies
- Fresh thyme leaves (optional)*
- 1. In a large bowl mix Creamy White Frosting and powdered sugar. Spread a layer of frosting on each Pine Cupcake.
- 2. Place an ice cream cone upside down on each cupcake.** Tint remaining frosting forest green with green and brown food coloring. Place green frosting in a large pastry bag fitted with a small open star tip. Starting at the bottom of the cones, pipe short bursts of frosting onto the cones to cover completely.
- 3. Sprinkle edible glitter around rims of cupcakes. Decorate cones with pear candies and, if desired, thyme leaves. Makes 12 cupcake trees.
From the Test Kitchen*Test Kitchen Tip
- If you choose to use fresh thyme on your Christmas trees, you will probably want to remove the herb before eating the Christmas tree cone.
**Test Kitchen Tip
- If you prefer not to pipe frosting, use only 3 cups Creamy White Frosting or canned frosting. Frost cupcakes as directed in step 1. For step 2, tint the remaining frosting forest green with green and brown food coloring. Place green frosting in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave on 100 percent power (high) until smooth and melted but still a little thick. Holding each ice cream cone upside down over bowl, spoon melted frosting over outside of cone to coat completely, allowing excess to drip into bowl. Place coated cones, pointed sides up, on a wire rack set over waxed paper. Let stand until set. Place cones on top of cupcakes. Continue as directed in step 3
- Pine Cupcakes
- Makes: 24 servings
- Serving size: 1 cupcake
- Yield: 24 (2 1/2-inch) cupcakes
- 1 package 2-layer-size white cake mix
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour twenty-four 2 1/2-inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups. Prepare cake mix according to package directions, except stir in rosemary. Fill muffin cups and bake according to package directions for cupcakes. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Creamy White Frosting
- Yield: about 3 cups
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 - 4 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large mixing bowl beat shortening, vanilla, and almond extract with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add 2 cups of the powdered sugar, beating well. Add 2 tablespoons of the milk. Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar. Gradually add milk until frosting reaches a spreading consistency. Makes about 3 cups.
Crafter's Holiday Cottage http://craftersholidaycottage.com/