How to Make Holiday Tree Cookie Stacks
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 24411
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 2720g
Saturated Fat 582g
Trans Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1188g
Monounsaturated Fat 866g
Total Carbohydrates 10571g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- How to Make Holiday Tree Cookie Stacks
- These Holiday Tree Cookie Stacks are the perfect treat to keep on your holiday table. Even better? They’re ready to be devoured by little elves in less than an hour! Follow these steps to shape your trees, frost them with “snow” and create a fun holiday dessert your whole family will love.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Stir together cookie mix, butter and egg until a soft dough forms. You’ll be making several different dough-ball sizes for the different layers of the cookie tree, starting with the biggest (made with 1/4 cup of dough) and ending with the tiniest (1 ½ inches in diameter).
- cookie dough on baking sheet
- Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheets, six at a time. (You’ll bake each size of cookie in different batches.) baked cookies on baking sheet
- Remove from oven and cool completely—about 30 minutes. cookies in stack frosting
- Heat frosting in microwave until smooth. Each tree will be a stack of eight different size cookies. Stack cookies on serving platter in order from largest to smallest, spreading frosting between each layer. drizzling frosting over stack of cookies
- Drizzle remaining frosting over trees and garnish with sprinkles as an optional extra!
- Holiday Tree Cookie Stacks
- Save / Share
- 20 min
- 40 min
- Calories 190
- Fat 9g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker® chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting (from 1-lb container)
- Candy sprinkles, if desired
- Powdered sugar, if desired
- 1 Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms. Shape 3 (1/4-cup) balls from dough. Shape 3 more balls, using 3 level tablespoons dough for each. Place all 6 balls on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- 2 Meanwhile, shape 3 balls using 2 tablespoons dough for each ball. Shape 3 balls, 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Place all 6 balls on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- 3 Continue with remaining dough to make 3 balls of each of the following diameters: 1 1/4 inches, 1 inch, 3/4 inch and 1/2 inch. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 4 Heat frosting in microwavable bowl uncovered on High 30 seconds, stirring every 10 seconds, until frosting can be stirred smooth and fluid. Each tree will be a stack of 8 different size cookies. To assemble 3 trees, stack cookies on serving platter, starting with largest size cookie on bottom, and stacking each smaller size cookie on top, spreading frosting between each layer. Drizzle remaining frosting over trees, and garnish with sprinkles. Sprinkle powdered sugar on platter to look like snow.
Crafter's Holiday Cottage http://craftersholidaycottage.com/