Spring Garden Cookie Puzzle Recipe
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 869
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 99g
Saturated Fat 26g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 13g
Monounsaturated Fat 55g
Total Carbohydrates 629g
Dietary Fiber 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Blanched almonds
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 5 tablespoons 2% milk
- Assorted colored sugars and food coloring of your choice
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. In a large bowl, beat cookie dough and flour until blended. On a parchment paper-lined surface, roll dough into a 14-in. x 11-in. rectangle. With cookie cutters, cut out puzzle shapes. Slide a baking sheet under the parchment paper and dough. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Remove shapes and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Place an almond on its side into the center of each shape for a handle. Bake shapes at 350° for 7-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. While still warm, recut shapes with the same cookie cutters to form neat edges. (If cookies cool too quickly, warm in oven to soften.) Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Bake large rectangular puzzle on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet for 12-16 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Immediately recut the shapes inside the puzzle to form neat edges. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Frost puzzle and shapes with some of the frosting; decorate with sugars. Tint remaining frosting; pipe as desired. Place puzzle shapes inside puzzle. Yield: 1 cookie puzzle.
Crafter's Holiday Cottage http://craftersholidaycottage.com/